What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 for Business Presentation

Chris7898

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to use my iPad for professional business presentations in a 'one on one' setting at corporations. I've always worked with PowerPoint and I'm curious for tips and tricks on which program to use.

After browsing the web it has come to my mind that Keynote will be the best option, however, it seems limited in it's use.

Speakernotes is another option, however, I don't know if it suits my preferences.

Anyone got better options?

Regards,

Chris

OP
Chris7898

Chris7898

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there's probably no equivalent for keynote or a program which enables me to correctly use my PPT presentations?

Reaction score
There is no full desktop equivalent app for the iPad, which has all the features of PowerPoint. The current office iPad apps are all slightly limited in their functionality.

A work-around would be to remotely control a computer from the iPad and than use the PowerPoint on the computer.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there's probably no equivalent for keynote or a program which enables me to correctly use my PPT presentations?

As DontUnderstandMyIpad said, there's no direct 100% compatible equivalent for the iPad; these are definitely stripped down versions of their desktop counterparts. Having said that, though, I've used Keynote to give several presentations to the UN - and those slides included some quite complex graphics and other embedded features. After using it a while, you simply get to know what features in PowerPoint don't work correctly in Keynote and you simply don't use them. Compatibility in the reverse direction is 100% - any presentation that you author on the iPad will, for sure, work fine on a PC or Mac.

Tim

OP
Chris7898

Chris7898

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, DontUnderstandMyIpad,

Thanks a million I need to get started with keynote then!

Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts