What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad / IPhone Facebook No Connection Error WiFi

Andrew Field

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since downloading the latest update of my Facebook App on my IPad (version 4) I seem to have a problem with the WiFi Connection on this App. The problem has manifested itself on my IPhone (version 5s) too and only occurs only when I am using WiFi. The App functions correctly while on the G3 Mobile network. Strangely, browsing Facebook is also a problem on Safari, while on WiFi, yet I can browse other social networks or any other URL. Seems like my devices have got it in for Facebook... or Facebook has got it in for my devices (but only when on WiFi!). I have searched on this problem, but only found items dated over a year ago... this seems to be a current problem, am I alone.

The problem may actually be isolated to my home WiFi... this makes it that more confusing! Both devices seems to be working ok at work.

Help!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew...welcome!

I have to say that the Facebook app in itself is a slow app to respond for me at times. This includes starting up the app and also trying to post a comment. It seems to be a little slower than other app/sites such as twitter/Pinterest, etc. The app has improved ..somewhat with the updates, so if you haven't updated that may be a start.

So having said that...something to consider in itself. If you are noticing the problem specifically to home...try turning off both your modem and and your router for a few minutes than reconnecting to see if that helps.Sometimes resetting your home network system does the trick ...at least it does for me.

P.s....don't forget also to do the immediate fixes of closing out your apps...restarting your iPad, resetting your iPad. Those immediate fixes before anything helps tremendously too.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts