What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 CDMA Version - Audio Logic Board Issue?

rikstaparr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Just removed the screen on the iPad 2 CDMA version. All buttons worked ok, prior to screen removal. Once screen removed buttons stopped working. Inspected flex and looked ok, but bought a replacement anyway. Fitted new part and still no buttons function (Vol/Mute/Sleep). I have replaced a few iPad screens and am stumped with this. Could I have damaged the Audio Board at all with the heat? I have restored the pad and still nothing off the buttons at all.

Does anyone have any advice, ways of testing the board is ok?

Thanks in advance.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I've moved your thread to the iPad DIY sub-forum where you are more likely to receive assistance and discussion about your issue.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

Just removed the screen on the iPad 2 CDMA version. All buttons worked ok, prior to screen removal. Once screen removed buttons stopped working. Inspected flex and looked ok, but bought a replacement anyway. Fitted new part and still no buttons function (Vol/Mute/Sleep). I have replaced a few iPad screens and am stumped with this. Could I have damaged the Audio Board at all with the heat? I have restored the pad and still nothing off the buttons at all.

Does anyone have any advice, ways of testing the board is ok?

Thanks in advance.

I'll field this one gang . . . Bob has copious mad skills in manufacturing and testing and assembling consumer electronics. :D

Were you properly grounded? Static is hell on integrated circuits. We are talking about tens of thousands (or more) volts across internal IC connections between the die and frame and sometimes, static will kill the component. Did you unplug a connector and put it in wrong? This often happens.

Yes, you can damage something with too much heat. Not at all hard. Did the heat come from a heat gun or were you soldering this and that? If the former, I built Pilots and the Palm V was assembled with heat and it was never made for consumer repair. If the latter, were you sloppy? One drop of solder can cause shorts. Please 'splain exactly what you did, step by step.

Yes, you can test the audio system if you know what you are doing and you have suitable equipment and you know what you are looking for. Do you have any electronic trouble shooting skills? Schematics and such?

Most reactions

Latest posts