Ipad 2 cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mklooster, Apr 4, 2011.

1. madhatter61

madhatter61
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Targus THZ044US VuScape Protective Cover and Stand for iPad 2.
    39.99 plus tax at Best Buy. Full protection of display, back and corners ... built in stand with 3 setup angles. Cutout are perfect for access to controls, etc.
    First class case that has professional look and feel. Provides EZ hold and setup.
    One of the best on the market.

Originally I wanted the Smart Cover from Apple (Blue) ... out of stock when we got our iPad2. Wanted protection immediately.
    Having read lots of comments on several forums, I decided the Targus is better. Much better protection. Stand is more stable. Setups faster. Cover doesn't get in the way while holding it in Portrait position (I use the typing angle... works slick). I will be adding a magnet for on/off (a DYI project). I have 30 days to evaluate. Will wait to modify.

#11 madhatter61, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. Mklooster

Mklooster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That case is pretty slick, I decided to order a cheap case off of eBay for now until I have more options available.

3. blessed

blessed
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my smart cover THAT'S why I'm having such difficulty finding a case that's compatible with it. I want something Sleek and Chic!! I love the Dodo books. However, I received a response from a forum member who stated that might not be in my best interest to make that purchase mainly due to it's like of protection. So in the meantime, I went to Brookstone and purchased what looks JUST LIKE a "dayrunner" (remember those calendar/planners?) to temporarily keep my iPad safe. My ideal case would be:

COMPATIBLE with the smart cover
    Encased in a "binder/book"
    camera slots

Anyone know if this one exists???

4. chazmink

chazmink
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got a navy leather smart cover and installed clear bodyguardz on the back I also bought a Targus Hughes brown leather case. At Best Buy it was only 30 bucks. I think it is a great combo. Only downside is I cannot charge it while in the Targus case.
    Charlie

5. hjsimpson

hjsimpson
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I originally purchased the Apple smart cover to protect it until more options became available.

I have since then replaced it with a Targus 360, and I do have to say I am extremely pleased with the quality, amount protection it provides and the ability to view in portrait mode. It is slightly thicker than most portfolio type cases but I'm used to a laptop and its still much lighter.

The only thing I wish it had were magnets to keep the cover closed rather than the elastic strap.

IMO

6. Mklooster

Mklooster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I was looking at the targus 360 as well but I really want something that protects the back and acts like the smart cover...I am extremely picky :) but if nothing comes out like that then I will probably end up with the targus.

7. Dawgfan

Dawgfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had a chance to really test out any yet as the OEMs seem to be playing catch up but as far as your reasonably priced cases go (yes, Vaja cases are awesome but $$$$) my two favorite companies are Incipio and Speck. Just my personal opinion from getting to try tons of them for the iPhone. I have not used anything for the iPad yet but those are my favorite accessory/case companies. I know the president of Incipio (local SoCal company) and the guy takes his products VERY seriously. In my job I get so many cases (and other accessories) I put them in a box and give them to friends so they do not go to waste but my consistent fallbacks are these two companies and mainly Incipio.

Just my $0.02

8. duc996

duc996
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
  9. manticore999

manticore999
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have a Targus Versavu coming today. I liked the fact that it can 'stand up' in portrait orientation. I read a lot of books on my Ipad and prefer reading in this orientation.

10. Ncaissie

Ncaissie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have the standard smart cover.
    I also have a pouch from my EeePC that fits snug but does for now until I find one.

64GB 3G white iPad 2 :)

Attached Files: