What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 Best Video Editing Software

tan7tan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
can you help me and advise what is the best FREE Video Editing software for IPad 2 / OS 5
or PAYABLE one.

RouterMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But not all the media source can be loaded into iMovie

For instance, if you have a HD camcorder producing AVCHD, it can not be supported by iMovie. From Apple site, only a few of camcorder models can be supported directly.

So in this situation, I can not use iMovie to edit my shootings.

Anyone has same experience or issue like me?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For instance, if you have a HD camcorder producing AVCHD, it can not be supported by iMovie. From Apple site, only a few of camcorder models can be supported directly.

So in this situation, I can not use iMovie to edit my shootings.

Anyone has same experience or issue like me?

I have a Sony camera which records in AVCHD and I can import the files directly into iMovie on my iMac from the camera. iMovie converts it to QT when it imports. The file sizes are larger than the original, but the end product movies look amazing.

RouterMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, as i have mentioned, only a few of models can be supported by iMovie or FCP and they have been listed on Apple official site. Yours is lucky to be listed there, maybe.

But for mine, Sony hdr cx170, can not be supported by iMovie directly.

Does anyone have same or similiar problem like me there?

narinclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of them are prefer to watch movies through online and it becomes very fashionable also. One of my friend need best and affordable Video Editing software for IPad 2 / OS 5. What are the basic tips we follow when purchasing the best video editing software ?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
narinclark said:
Most of them are prefer to watch movies through online and it becomes very fashionable also. One of my friend need best and affordable Video Editing software for IPad 2 / OS 5. What are the basic tips we follow when purchasing the best video editing software ?

My personal belief is that I would only use iMovie or Pinnacle Studio (taken over from Avid), and only for stuff filmed on my iPhone or iPad. Otherwise, I prefer to use a Mac based editor like iMovie or Final Cut Pro X for stuff filmed on a proper video camera.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can the latest iMovie be used on 5.1.1? I'm not upgrading to 6.0 yet

Sent by an Android Guy using an iPad...

sigelopisan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant load video files to iMovie. I only can load movie files I created with my own ipad. Anyone experience this or I miss something out?

Most reactions

Latest posts