What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 automatically sync

jpinbay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has an ipad2, I have ipad. For some reason, my wife's ipad thinks it is mine and now syncs automatically with itunes and loads whatever apps I have put on mine. How do I make it stop. thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

I would suggest clarifying a few points before specific advice is offered. First, do your iPads have different names? Second, are you syncing to the same computer w/ iTunes (i.e. were both registered to the same iTunes). Third, are you on the same Apple account, and finally how is your syncing setup for the devices (e.g. all automatic, manual, partial syncing, etc.) - answers to these questions would be useful. Good luck!

OP
J

jpinbay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

I would suggest clarifying a few points before specific advice is offered. First, do your iPads have different names? Second, are you syncing to the same computer w/ iTunes (i.e. were both registered to the same iTunes). Third, are you on the same Apple account, and finally how is your syncing setup for the devices (e.g. all automatic, manual, partial syncing, etc.) - answers to these questions would be useful. Good luck!

Thanks, each ipad has a different name. I am syncing to the same computer, both are registered to the same itunes and we have one apple account. I thought I turned off automatic syncing.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

Is this a wifi sync, though IOS 5 or when you plug it in?
If both you and your wife have the same Apple account and same iTunes, it will try copy all the data across as far as I understand it.

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

Last edited:
OP
J

jpinbay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the help. I think I got it solved. went to settings and store and turned off automatic downloads.

Most reactions