What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop Itunes sync apps from 2 different ipads

Paulp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm getting an Ipad 2 tomorrow for my birthday :) so I am giving my Ipad 1 to my wife. I am useing 1 pc to connect to Itunes. I have reset Ipad 1 to factory setting and created a apple account for my wife. However, when I connect the ipad 1 to itunes it tries to sync the apps I had before the reset onto it. I have unclicked sync apps automatically. My problem is, how do I tell it to sync only the apps added by the new owner and not my original list of apps?

Paul

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TBH, the best thing you can do is use one account to manage both iPads. That way, you don't have to buy new apps for the new iPad, you can just use them. In addition, keeping track of updates for two accounts gets to be a bit of a hassle.

That said, the easiest way to manage more than one iPad per iTunes is to

a) In the iTunes Edit>Preferences tab, under Devices, check the block that reads "prevent [iDevices] from syncing automatically"

b) With the iPad connected, under the Apps tab (right hand side), UNcheck the box that reads "Automatically sync new apps."

Then, whenever you attach either iPad, once it shows in iTunes, left click on it's line and choose "Transfer Purchases." This will make iTunes mirror what's on the iPad.

That's how I keep two iPads straight here. I hope it helps.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I agree with Marilyn. It is far easier, and cheaper, to have one account for both iPads; but if you must have two accounts, and want to keep them completely separate the easiest way to also have two separate user accounts on the computer. That way each user will have their own iTunes library and setup.

Means you'll have to start logging in out of the computer, but it completely isolates the two iPad accounts, apps, settings, and iTunes libraries from each other.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I agree also one account is easier and cheaper, tho I don't understand the need for two login accounts, it's easy to setup different sync settings for each device. I have 2 iPhones, 5 iPods and a ipad all syncing to the same account and library, all with different sync settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts