What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 vs. iPad 2 weirdness

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 and 2 and want to see whether anyone else with both has noticed similar circumstances:

Even on the same wifi network, my iPad 1 is "spinning" more, trying to hold onto or to establish a connection, compared with my iPad 2. I've noticed this during the past week, after moving. Before moving, there was no noticeable difference.

I have two wifi networks set up, so I can alternate, but the iPad 1 struggles on both of them, while the iPad 2 works fine. I've tried having the iPad 1 "forget" both networks, then reconnecting. I've also rebooted my router.

I also found that my iPad 1 sees fewer wifi networks (mine and my neighbors') than my iPad 2.

My iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4 are having no problems on either of my wifi networks. I even tested an old iPhone 3, and it's not having problems on either network. Stumped.

Most reactions

Latest posts