iPad 1 as Main Computer?

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Debso, May 19, 2012.

1. Debso

Debso iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would like to know what people think about using their iPad as their main computer. I have awesome apps, Evernote, Dropbox and others. I run an online Health and Wellness business and I am on FB a great deal as well. I also teach fitness and dance so I use iTunes daily. My MacPro is fading fast and I am just trying to figure out what makes the sense financially. Basically, I am asking who used their iPad exclusively and not a laptop of any kind. What are the pro and cons you have found in doing so.
    Thank you so much!
  2. Rperez414

Rperez414 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    That's exactly what I'm doing. If you're an iPad 1 owner like me, you probably don't do much hard core gaming or video editing. So...why invest in an expensive piece of electronics that needs constant maintenance?

I kinda fell into this by accident. I gave my laptop to my son and was glad I finally had an excuse to buy another laptop. I just couldn't justify it before when I just use it for e-mail, web surfing, and writing. Writing is one thing I do ALOT. In the interim I used my ipad as a substitute. I've always kept most of my stuff in dropbox anyway because I would always re-do my operating system each year.

Well, after about 2 months I found I had no desire for a real laptop. With a bluetooth keyboard and cloud syncing hard drive storage, I'm fairly happy.
  3. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    For what you have both stated, your iPad with accessories sounds appropriate. But you may want to consider having a back up plan just in case you need to connect physically to a computer with your iPad information--in the event some sort of problem occurs on your iPad.