1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 1 as Main Computer?

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Debso, May 19, 2012.

1. Debso

Debso iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would like to know what people think about using their iPad as their main computer. I have awesome apps, Evernote, Dropbox and others. I run an online Health and Wellness business and I am on FB a great deal as well. I also teach fitness and dance so I use iTunes daily. My MacPro is fading fast and I am just trying to figure out what makes the sense financially. Basically, I am asking who used their iPad exclusively and not a laptop of any kind. What are the pro and cons you have found in doing so.
    Thank you so much!
  2. Rperez414

Rperez414 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    That's exactly what I'm doing. If you're an iPad 1 owner like me, you probably don't do much hard core gaming or video editing. So...why invest in an expensive piece of electronics that needs constant maintenance?

I kinda fell into this by accident. I gave my laptop to my son and was glad I finally had an excuse to buy another laptop. I just couldn't justify it before when I just use it for e-mail, web surfing, and writing. Writing is one thing I do ALOT. In the interim I used my ipad as a substitute. I've always kept most of my stuff in dropbox anyway because I would always re-do my operating system each year.

Well, after about 2 months I found I had no desire for a real laptop. With a bluetooth keyboard and cloud syncing hard drive storage, I'm fairly happy.
  3. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    For what you have both stated, your iPad with accessories sounds appropriate. But you may want to consider having a back up plan just in case you need to connect physically to a computer with your iPad information--in the event some sort of problem occurs on your iPad.