What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 as Main Computer?

Debso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would like to know what people think about using their iPad as their main computer. I have awesome apps, Evernote, Dropbox and others. I run an online Health and Wellness business and I am on FB a great deal as well. I also teach fitness and dance so I use iTunes daily. My MacPro is fading fast and I am just trying to figure out what makes the sense financially. Basically, I am asking who used their iPad exclusively and not a laptop of any kind. What are the pro and cons you have found in doing so.
Thank you so much!

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm doing. If you're an iPad 1 owner like me, you probably don't do much hard core gaming or video editing. So...why invest in an expensive piece of electronics that needs constant maintenance?

I kinda fell into this by accident. I gave my laptop to my son and was glad I finally had an excuse to buy another laptop. I just couldn't justify it before when I just use it for e-mail, web surfing, and writing. Writing is one thing I do ALOT. In the interim I used my ipad as a substitute. I've always kept most of my stuff in dropbox anyway because I would always re-do my operating system each year.

Well, after about 2 months I found I had no desire for a real laptop. With a bluetooth keyboard and cloud syncing hard drive storage, I'm fairly happy.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For what you have both stated, your iPad with accessories sounds appropriate. But you may want to consider having a back up plan just in case you need to connect physically to a computer with your iPad information--in the event some sort of problem occurs on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts