What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7 jailbreak

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, no, not yet. The iOS just got released - it'll take a while before the jail breaking community can dig into it. Honestly? I really wouldn't expect anything until the beginning of next year (or maybe longer). I'd love to be proven wrong (and overly pessimistic), but Apple is getting real good at this "cat and mouse" game...

We'll all just have to wait.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Evad3rs currently poking at the kernel for some reaction. pod2g and pimskeks have something up their sleeves that're confidential based on their tweets a few days ago. Definitive prototype/failbreak/ETA? None at the moment.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your replies. How do I get updated with this proces without following those guys on twitter?
And do you guys think it is worth upgrading to iOS7 and losing the jailbreak? I really don't like losing iFile..

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if the jailbreak status sticky is being updated, but I keep the one on iPhoneForums updated whenever significant news arouses. But to be frank, I wouldn't expect any news on it until probably Christmas time as the kernel prodding period is one of the more extensive procedures. It might be sooner, it might be later. In the past, jailbreaks have come later and later from the time of the initial release, so if history correlates, we'll be expecting an iOS 7 jailbreak quite a few months ahead of us.

Here's the time frame for a jailbreak between each iOS (the top graph)
bcbdxUK.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if the jailbreak status sticky is being updated, but I keep the one on iPhoneForums updated whenever significant news arouses. But to be frank, I wouldn't expect any news on it until probably Christmas time as the kernel prodding period is one of the more extensive procedures. It might be sooner, it might be later. In the past, jailbreaks have come later and later from the time of the initial release, so if history correlates, we'll be expecting an iOS 7 jailbreak quite a few months ahead of us. Here's the time frame for a jailbreak between each iOS (the top graph)
I guess this means that Apple is getting better at blocking exploits and delaying a jailbreak. I wonder if we'll see the day when the latest iOS is still un jailbroken when the next iOS version is released.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess this means that Apple is getting better at blocking exploits and delaying a jailbreak. I wonder if we'll see the day when the latest iOS is still un jailbroken when the next iOS version is released.

Pretty much. In terms of a complete threshold, eventually maybe. That's assuming they're constantly patching flaws or hiring the best of the best hackers to attempt to exploit iOS on a daily basis to push it to its limits.

Most reactions

Latest posts