What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS6 and the lost wifi

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
ZDNET has the answers as to why updated iDevices inexplicably lost their wifi on iOS 6 launch day.

Apparently, an ex-Apple employee deleted a webpage before he left the building; a webpage that was critical to the proper functioning of iOS 6.

Whoops! You can read the full story here.

http://www.zdnet.com/what-went-wrong-with-ios-6-wi-fi-7000004598/

My iPad never lost it's wifi on launch day. It can't have affected everybody.

mcmarcus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad 2 to iOS 6 last night 9/20. I can't connect to the the App Store or apple.com this morning. ZNET said problem fixed......Well not quite. Any suggestions?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmarcus said:
I upgraded my iPad 2 to iOS 6 last night 9/20. I can't connect to the the App Store or apple.com this morning. ZNET said problem fixed......Well not quite. Any suggestions?

Keep trying, the problem should be corrected soon.

gjhsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure i am in the right place but here goes. I updated my ipad 2 yesterday to 6.0 having all kinds of issues. For one when I try to play words with friends, a message keeps appearing to connect to iTunes to push notifications. It's an ever ending loop and you can log in or exit the program. Any help would be appreciated. Frustrated

Sent from my iPad using iPF

gjhsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gjhsmith said:
Not sure i am in the right place but here goes. I updated my ipad 2 yesterday to 6.0 having all kinds of issues. For one when I try to play words with friends, a message keeps appearing to connect to iTunes to push notifications. It's an ever ending loop and you can log in or exit the program. Any help would be appreciated. Frustrated

kayroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple do nothing with the wifi problem since day 1 iOS6 launch................WTH .........with apple........still can't play multiplayer due to
Wifi problem...............:thumbsdown:

mcmarcus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Six days after downloading iOS 6, I am still trying to access the App Store. I get a time out message saying they can't connect at this time. My wifi works fine and I can access other websites and my email. I was able to get into the App Store on my desktop PC and download App thinking it would transfer it to my iPad......NO LUCK. I'm new on this site. Some one made reference to Magic Jack and cache problem with Apple servers??? Anyone got any clues where I go next?

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmarcus said:
Six days after downloading iOS 6, I am still trying to access the App Store. I get a time out message saying they can't connect at this time. My wifi works fine and I can access other websites and my email. I was able to get into the App Store on my desktop PC and download App thinking it would transfer it to my iPad......NO LUCK. I'm new on this site. Some one made reference to Magic Jack and cache problem with Apple servers??? Anyone got any clues where I go next?

Not really. I just tried the App Store and it loaded up with no delay. I'm on iOS 6 and wifi. I'd suggest Reset Network Settings, but that seems pretty pointless if everything else is working.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's not as pointless as it might seem. A friend had the same problem with her iPad where everything but the AppStore (and iBookstore actually) were working. Resetting the network settings fixed it :)

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joeyteel said:
it's not as pointless as it might seem. A friend had the same problem with her iPad where everything but the AppStore (and iBookstore actually) were working. Resetting the network settings fixed it :)

OK, thanks for that. Lets go with that, then.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.

mcmarcus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BRAVO!!!! :D Thanks for your help! RESETTING MY NETWORK SETTINGS WORKED! I can now access itunes, the App Store and update my Apps.
Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings

Deborah1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the app Social Games and it won't connect to the clouds server. Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts