What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ios_7_apple_features_page_hero.jpg

Apple has made iOS 7, the latest version of its mobile operating system, available for download a few moments ago. The iOS 7 can now be installed on the following compatible iOS devices: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini or the 5th generation iPod Touch. You need to go to your device's settings menu, choose “general" and after that just select the software update option.​​

You can choose to install iOS 7 as an over-the-air update or through iTunes, which has been recently updated to version 11.1 both on Windows and Mac OS X. And if you want to sync music, videos, and other content to your iOS device, then you’ll have to download it anyway.

If you don’t know how iOS 7 looks and behaves, you might have a surprise as Apple's latest mobile OS version has had its user interface redesigned under the direct supervision of Jony Ive. You can let us know in the comments section what you think of it after you install it. Besides the big visual makeover, iOS 7 also comes with some new features like iTunes Radio, AirDrop sharing, ControlCenter, and improved card-style multitasking.

It will be interesting to see how fast users decide to switch to the new iOS version, because some of them might be reluctant, at least initially, to try out such a steep change. Apple’s CEO himself, mister Tim Cook, has described iOS 7 as “the biggest change to iOS since the iPhone.”

However, I’m confident that Jony Ive did a wonderful job, as always. Let us know your impressions regarding Apple’s new iOS 7.

For more discussions on iOS 7, be sure to visit the iOS 7 Forum

Source: TheVerge

Attachments

• ios7-update.png
    ios7-update.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 10,023
Last edited by a moderator:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am in the process of downloading on devices right now. 7 seems faster and I am using my iPad 2 at the moment.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am in the process of downloading on devices right now. 7 seems faster and I am using my iPad 2 at the moment.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

So far my iPhone 4 doesn't want to download yet. Many too many devices on wifi??

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far my iPhone 4 doesn't want to download yet. Many too many devices on wifi??

NOPE, not enough storage, I will have to sort this out later. ;)

jeremyjukes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The IOS 7 update process is worse than Microsoft's updates. The update fails repeatedly in both the down load and verification processes. I have been working on updating for the last 3 hours and I am still not installed.

Good luck folks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The IOS 7 update process is worse than Microsoft's updates. The update fails repeatedly in both the down load and verification processes. I have been working on updating for the last 3 hours and I am still not installed.

Good luck folks!

Microsoft has the fortune/misfortune of having rather blasé customers when it comes to updates. People update Windows whenever they get around to it. Hold in mind this isn't a typical update. It's a major iOS version update, like Windows XP to Windows 7 (notice how I skipped Vista?). The minor updates tend to be smoother.

While not all Apple fans are 1st day updaters, there are a lot of us. It's not uncommon for over 50% iOS users to update within the first month.

If you're frustrated wait a day, or even two. It will go much more smoothly.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While not all Apple fans are 1st day updaters, there are a lot of us. It's not uncommon for over 50% iOS users to update within the first month.

Whoa! I tend to get to it when I get to it. In fact, I plan to skip this one altogether - I'll update when I upgrade to the next gen of iPad.

Ludatyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone running iOS 7 on a 3rd Generation iPad, I have a Jailbroken iPad… just wanna check and see if its worth it.

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whoa! I tend to get to it when I get to it. In fact, I plan to skip this one altogether - I'll update when I upgrade to the next gen of iPad.

It's double the speed and we get the iCloud keychain. Not gonna update? Come on now.

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Not updating. Blasted machine won't update iOS7. STOP EATING MY UPDATES YOU INFERNAL MACHINE!!!!

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finnaly my iOad is making progress for downloading iOS 7. Only have to wait 3 hours.

Most reactions

Latest posts