What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

J David Crawford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoa! I tend to get to it when I get to it. In fact, I plan to skip this one altogether - I'll update when I upgrade to the next gen of iPad.

iOS 7 blocks deactivation of your iPad or iPhone if it becomes lost or stolen. You may wish to reconsider doing the update. When "Find my iPad [or iPhone]" is on the deactivation process requires entry of your Apple ID and password. I wish I had had that when my iPad was stolen about six months ago.

emperorbruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never Trust a new iOS update - wait for a month before risking it

Microsoft has the fortune/misfortune of having rather blasé customers when it comes to updates. People update Windows whenever they get around to it. Hold in mind this isn't a typical update. It's a major iOS version update, like Windows XP to Windows 7 (notice how I skipped Vista?). The minor updates tend to be smoother.

While not all Apple fans are 1st day updaters, there are a lot of us. It's not uncommon for over 50% iOS users to update within the first month.

If you're frustrated wait a day, or even two. It will go much more smoothly.

I have never forgiven Apple for bricking my iPhone 3 by getting me to upgrade iOS and making my phone unusable (like many other people). No support from Apple and more inportantly NO way back except by Jailbreaking and cracking. I learned a very important lesson - Apple are only interested in selling new kit, if you are upgrading the software on an old device you are on your own.
I'm going to wait for at least a month, then check this forum again before risking my iPhone 4s and iPad 2.

blackhawk131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best way yo install the update is via iTunes. Backup your iPad and then download and install update. Simple and straight forward

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated both my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. Took a little while, but not all that long. Trying to figure out some things - like closing apps. I'm sure there is a lot to learn. I'm debating whether or not I want to upgrade my iPad 2. And I'm going to recommend that my husband not upgrade his iPhone 4 or iPad Mini!

Susan

handsomedan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated both my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. Took a little while, but not all that long. Trying to figure out some things - like closing apps. I'm sure there is a lot to learn. I'm debating whether or not I want to upgrade my iPad 2. And I'm going to recommend that my husband not upgrade his iPhone 4 or iPad Mini!

Susan

Closing apps is one of the more straightforward things...once someone tells you!

Double click home button for multitasking, select app and swipe it up. Gone.

skateward

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just like to point out one tiny mistake they've made. It is no longer possible to go from the camera application to the library with a single swipe to the left. This used to be possible and I'm really sad to see it gone. I'm sure it has been discussed somewhere before, but I've never read a complaint about it.

goody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to click the home button twice QUICKLY, then click on the app you want to close just a tiny bit longer til its icon appears, jiggling, at the screen bottom, with a minus sign in a red circle. Click on the minus sign and the jiggling icon disappears; the app is closed.

j2dawson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to click the home button twice QUICKLY, then click on the app you want to close just a tiny bit longer til its icon appears, jiggling, at the screen bottom, with a minus sign in a red circle. Click on the minus sign and the jiggling icon disappears; the app is closed.
That's how it has always worked before but doesn't work like that for me with IOS 7.

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You actually don't close it using the app icon, which is on the bottom. You swipe up on the open app after you double click on the home button - the larger window.

idannyweed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've installed ios 7 on both devices, iphone and ipad, very impressive but airdrop does not seem to be their on my iphone?

I can't enable it as I don't have the option when I swipe up, if any one else has the same issue, please reply :)

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Took a few tries but once it started it was fine. iPad 3. Tried to go through iTunes but it said I was using the latest version so I updated over the air from the iPad.

Seems more fluid? Faster. So far everything is fine. I like it.

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both of my devices have been upgraded to IOS 7 (IPhone 5 and Ipad 4). I am loving this new update it is like having a new phone. I am upgrading my wife IPhone 4. Apple have revamped the whole Operating System. Good job Apple

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts