What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7.0.4 Update Problems Hanging

Codicologist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an academic researcher, lecturer, and also speaker, and I use my Ipad 3 for my speaking. I love its size and portability. I am about to leave on a trip to do some work and am trying to get it into shape and have run into a big problem-

I just tried to update my Ipad 3 to IOS 7.0.4 as directed, and it has gotten hung up on the black screen with only the small circular thing going around indicating it is working- but this has been going on for over an hour and the Ipad's buttons will not respond in any way. I cannot turn it off. If I plug it into a computer with Itunes it is not recognized. Currently, I am just letting it run and let the battery run down with the hope that somehow this will sort things out.

Is there anything else I can do?

I would appreciate the wisdom of the community of this forum. Thanks!

Codicologist

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

With symptoms such as yours, the next step is to place the iPad into recovery mode.
Here's the link to Apple's support site with the detailed description of the process: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts