What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5 update killed my airprint?

wilkij

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP Photosmart D110 printer with AirPrint that worked fine before the IOS5 update, but now won't.

When I attempt to print, it knows the printer is there but tells me it is offline. I have checked the printer diagnostics with everything showing good. I have printed to the printer from a Windows program.

Anyone heard of problems with AirPrint caused by the recent update?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may be an incidental problem. Many Members who have had problems with AirPrint have found that it's an IP address issue. If your router re-assigns the IP address of the printer, the iPad becomes 'confused'. The way around this problem is to log onto your router as Admin and force the router to assign a static IP address to the printer.

Tim

OP
W

wilkij

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It may be an incidental problem. Many Members who have had problems with AirPrint have found that it's an IP address issue. If your router re-assigns the IP address of the printer, the iPad becomes 'confused'. The way around this problem is to log onto your router as Admin and force the router to assign a static IP address to the printer.

Tim

My IP address for printer was fixed. I resolved the problem by TOTO (tun off, turn on). Something help desks have advised for ages. Thanks for your interest.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My IP address for printer was fixed. I resolved the problem by TOTO (tun off, turn on). Something help desks have advised for ages. Thanks for your interest.

Yep - the ole Power Recycle does wonders - usually works on my modem-router when I lose Wi-Fi connection to my laptop in the other room! :thumbs:

iosConvert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having problemm, too, with ios 5 update and d110. You may need to reset printer wireless address after TONO if your router is using dhcp rather than static address.

Most reactions

Latest posts