What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Jailbreak With Limera1n iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad Already Works

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uUB3Cw9lws]YouTube - ‪iOS 5 Jailbreak With Limera1n iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad Already Works - iOS Vlog 431‬‏[/ame]​

Believe it or not iOS 5 is already Jailbroken. Last night, iPhone Dev Team Hacker, @Musclenerd tweeted out a few screenshots of his iPod Touch 4G Jailbroken. This included a working version of Cydia, and it was simply tether-Jailbroken with Limera1n. Limera1n is a bootrom exploit witch allows it to work on all current devices(except iPad 2) and leave us open with a hole that Apple can't fill. All devices 4th generation and under are safe as well as the iPad 1st gen(not second). If you wish to have a Jailbroken iPad 2, it's best to stay at 4.3 until they find a way.

Tommyf902

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So disappointed that the iPad 2 still cannot be JB

Send from my iPad 2

Forrest_Gimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patience.... the iPad2 will be jailbroken soon with more devs working on it. With more than 10 Million devices out by the end of the month, it con't take long!

Tommyf902

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forrest_Gimp said:
Patience.... the iPad2 will be jailbroken soon with more devs working on it. With more than 10 Million devices out by the end of the month, it con't take long!

I hope you're wait because I'm dying to have my iPad 2 jailbreak!

Send from my iPad 2

jimyo01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I am uninformed, but what does jail breaking my iPad do for me that it won't do now ?

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I am uninformed, but what does jail breaking my iPad do for me that it won't do now ?

4d1f4037-5216-0207.jpg

^This

4d1f4037-5222-f187.jpg

^This

4d1f4037-5243-0cdd.jpg

And ^this

On a more serious note, you may find the answer you are looking for here:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

jimyo01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frost, I read through all the jailbreak comments.. Think I all stick to standard iPad al least until it is out of warranty.. Appreciate the link though..
Jim

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frost, I read through all the jailbreak comments.. Think I all stick to standard iPad al least until it is out of warranty.. Appreciate the link though..
Jim

That's a common misconception...
Jailbreaking does not void your warranty.

My itchy fingers needed to reply to that! :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jim

That's a common misconception...
Jailbreaking does not void your warranty.

That is correct. Just restore and you can not tell.

Frost! I love your scanning grammar thingy.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts