What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak iOS 5 iPhone, iPod Touch, And iPad GM Build Tethered With Redsn0w

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

This Jailbreak Supports The Following Devices:

iPod touch 3G
iPod touch 4G
iPad 1
iPhone3GS
iPhone4 (GSM)
iPhone4 (CDMA)

WINDOWS & MAC

You will need:
iTunes 10.5 Beta 7(or above)
iOS 5 GM Firmware (for your device)
Redsn0w 0.9.9b4

This is a tethered Jailbreak meaning you will have to re-jailbreak every time your device turns off. Not the worst thing in the world.

Remember to BOOT TETHERED after you've went through the Redsn0w process once to avoid the white Cydia icon problem.

iOS 5 GM + iTunes 10.5:
iOS 5 GM Build Direct Download Links [No Developer Account Needed]

Redsn0w:
Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta

Last edited by a moderator:

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Phil ... have you checked to see if your suggested Jail breaks work with iCloud. You may find that Apple is always a step ahead of you. Have fun, though in all your struggles to be different. I just want my iPad to work. It does ... very nicely I might add. Enjoy, though

Vernon98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This Jailbreak Supports The Following Devices: iPod touch 3G iPod touch 4G iPad 1 iPhone3GS iPhone4 (GSM) iPhone4 (CDMA) WINDOWS & MAC You will need: iTunes 10.5 Beta 7(or above) iOS 5 GM Firmware (for your device) Redsn0w 0.9.9b4 This is a tethered Jailbreak meaning you will have to re-jailbreak every time your device turns off.

MT2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question. Still new here. Have an iPad 1 jail broke. Every time I connect to iTunes on my pc it erases apps I've downloaded that are not from the AppStore. How do I prevent this?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Question. Still new here. Have an iPad 1 jail broke. Every time I connect to iTunes on my pc it erases apps I've downloaded that are not from the AppStore. How do I prevent this?

You prevent this by not downloading apps from sources other than the App Store (or legal Cydia repos). In other words - don't be a pirate!! Buy the apps legally and I guarantee that iTunes will not delete them from you iPad.

This forum does not condone piracy. Not only is it against our policy - it is illegal! Again - don't be a pirate. Let this be a warning...

Marilyn

jrstar7171

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
You prevent this by not downloading apps from sources other than the App Store (or legal Cydia repos). In other words - don't be a pirate!! Buy the apps legally and I guarantee that iTunes will not delete them from you iPad.

This forum does not condone piracy. Not only is it against our policy - it is illegal! Again - don't be a pirate. Let this be a warning...

Marilyn

That was till now IOS5 changed this policy, Jailbreaking is not Piracy.

jrstar7171

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Don't use iTunes after jail breaking.

jrstar7171

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Just focus one on one example app WiFi Forum, it is not working any longer on my itouch4 before IOS5
it would find WiFi locations open and do any requires setup automatically. Now the App is gone, from my
iPad1 and2 and will not work at all. The App has even been removed from all there App download pay sites.
So there policy has changed, so even if you pay for apps they can and have removed them. This is just like Microsoft now. They should remove the buy now to rent now.

Ron

suzzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a jail break for iPad 2. Ios5?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts