What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1

ccgoh01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to update iOS5.1 in iPad 2?
I updated it in setting but always fails. What should I do to update

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll, you really haven't told us what you are doing to update but I'll take a stab at it.

First, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed There was a new release right after the announcement of the new iPad (it's not a 3 I wish people would stop saying that). Then after installing your iTunes in your computer hook your iPad 2 into a usb port directly connected to your computer. It will do a back up and it may say you have the current version but ask it to check anyway. From there you should get a message that 5.1 is available.

Click OK or whatever you need to do to start it and keep an eye on it. It should start by doing another back up. Then it will remove the 5.01 and install the latest version.

Now if this starts out OK then stops and starts over you may have an issue with your USB Cord. If that's the case you can take it (if under warranty) to an Apple Store and they will inspect and replace the cable provided they have one in stock. If not you have the option to buy one ( why can't that be the replacement? Don't know) and when your cable arrives you can return the cable you bought for a full refund.

Now if this isn't what's going on please describe in detail what is happening so we an further help you.

Most reactions

Latest posts