What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5.1 wont update

pumbaa16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to download this app and it told me I had to update my system to 5.1 before downloading. My settings doesn't show an update and when I search for one it notifies me "An error occurred while checking for update please try again" I can't plug in in to my computer because I never have before and it will probable erase all my data. Any suggestions?

jason595

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm the same as you, I have an iPad 1 and an iPhone 4 and neither device will update to ios 5.1.

intro2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried rebooting via the hold home + hold
Button until the IPad switches off?

If that doesn't work you could try resetting settings in settings general reset, just the settings option though, not data. You'll need to renter your wifi key, re-enter things like ringtone choices etc but won't lose data. So only do this if you really can't find another solution.
--
Dale

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts