What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 4.3.1

Reaction score
r.eichhorn said:
Is there a built in way to access a more robust set of special characters, especially Greek symbols?

I am afraid that there is only one way to add greek symbols and if that does not suit your needs, there is little one can do. Have you already tried this: Settings->General->Keyboard->International Keyboard->Greek

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to screen record so I can make how to podcasts for my students using iPads?
AFAIK, not yet. You can take screen shots by holding down the home and power buttons for a moment. The screen will go white for a second, you'll hear a camera sound and the picture will be stored in your iPhoto app.

Charlie1054

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't get new update to download

I have tried numerous times and it is taking forever. Did it take over 2 hours for the rest of you to download it? The problem is, it says it's going to take about 2 hrs, so I leave my computer running and when I come back to check it, I have an error code saying the system timed out. I did a google search to see what it meant, and it appears its the internet explorer that's timing out after 1 hour. Anyway to fix this? is my computer just too slow or any other suggestions. I am on a wireless computer (pc), if that makes a difference. thanks

mikesus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VPN is STILL broken! PPTP does not work... Google 4.3.1 VPN broken and you will find it...

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, after i connected the ipad to the laptop, i got the message that ios 4.3.1 is available, i am on 4.3 now. When i started the down load, it timed out about 15 minutes later. I tried again and it said something about not being able to connect to itunes. on top of that on the ipad itself, i regularly vound not connect to app store or i tunes. The itunes must be very overloaded with all the ipad owners around the world down loading. I will try later and see what happens

r.eichhorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
There's an app called 'Magic Fonts', which has a few additional font sets - including Greek

Tim
Scotland

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I also found the add international keyboard, which helps.

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded to this new update?
what the result it has?

It took about 2 hours for mine to download being on DSL ,it went well for loading onto the iPad.
I have not noticed any performance difference but I did notice when I went from 4.2 to 4.3 that my battery life decreased significantly and that 4.3.1 has brought my battery back up ,so far, to about what it was on 4.2. Time will tell if it stays that way.when I first updated to 4.3 I didn't notice the battery drain increase, it was a few days later it seemed to start happening. Granted we're talking about 8+ hours on 4.3 vs about 9++ on 4.2 .
My wife hasn't upgraded hers from 4.2 and we "play" ours together many nights ( great conversation maker, helps the marriage IMO) comparing apps, what the kids liked most that day on them,how's she acclimating to hers, etc and I noticed hers gets better battery life after I upgraded to 4.3. We both have a first gen 16gig 3G ATT and leave our wifi only on all the time, neither has used 3G yet.
Over the next few days I'll compare her 4.2 to my 4.3.1 for battery but other than that I've not noticed any difference between 4.2 and 4.3 or 4.3.1.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated to 4.3.1 on ipad 1st gen 3G

and found that the baseband updates seems kind of actually help my lousy signal reception, but besides that I don't feel any significant changes. Battery life wise I would say is the same as before.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tecwritr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having problems with the latest update. At first I thought it was an iPad 2 problem but now I realize it's a problem on both of my iPads. When I try to send an email through my Cox cable sever I get a message that the sender is not recognized. As I said, this happens on both of my iPads (2 different email accounts, mine and my wife's)

Most reactions

Latest posts