What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2GM compatibility issue...

Kandjar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

The installation of the GM 4.2 went without any problems... I'm very pleased about it.

However, I still can't install iPhone (from iTune) apps which require iOS 4.x; is that to expect?

Kandjar

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

The installation of the GM 4.2 went without any problems... I'm very pleased about it.

However, I still can't install iPhone (from iTune) apps which require iOS 4.x; is that to expect?

Kandjar

Just go to the app store on the device.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Technically yes...but if you already purchased it you won't be charged a second time. It will say it appears you already purchased this app and it will be installed free of charge.

OP
K

Kandjar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give it a try with a cheap one...

Also: it seems that I cannot redeem an app for iphone directly on the ipad.. Kinda weird... Looking at it in iTune, it says: compatible with iphone/ipad iOS 3.2... but it doesn't let me redeem the promocode on the ipad itself...

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give it a try with a cheap one...

Also: it seems that I cannot redeem an app for iphone directly on the ipad.. Kinda weird... Looking at it in iTune, it says: compatible with iphone/ipad iOS 3.2... but it doesn't let me redeem the promocode on the ipad itself...

Some apps don't have an iPad version. So if it's just for iPhone that might me why you cant redeem it.

Most reactions

Latest posts