What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inventory validation app

PFD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping someone could recommend an app that runs on ipad/iPhone where I can use a Bluetooth barcode scanner to validate the contents of a shipment against a "master list" of required items.

I am looking for something that will:

Given a "master list" of required items in a certain category/group (which would ideally be uploaded via csv file) I need to quickly validate whether the quantities of a select number of incoming products (scanned via handheld bluetooth barcode reader) satisfies the item quantities listed in the "master list" based on the group.

example:

"master list" says that a complete inventory of products in group "AAAA" should include:
2x item1
2x item4
1x item3

A Box arrives supposedly containing a complete set of group "AAAA":

Box contents:
1x item1
2x item2
1x item 3
1x item 4

I want to quickly scan the items in the box and validate whether the inventory is complete or not based on what the "master list" defines as a complete group of items I.e. something that warns me that I am short 1x item1 and perhaps tells me I have an extra item4

I would need this to work for multiple "categories/groups" of products
I.e. AAAA, BBBB, CCCC, but not necessarily concurrently I.e. I don't necessarily need to randomly scan a bunch of items from multiple groups and have a report of how many complete/incomplete groups I have - but this would definitely be nice.

Any help is much appreciated!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi--welcome to the forum! :)

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thank you,
Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
afaik there is no such possibility to connect a bluetooth scanner to the iPad (off the shelf). If I am wrong please correct me...

The iPad's camera is however used for scanning with certain apps which also provide you with an inventory, i.e. "Prep & Pantry" - that app actually does what you need to do, howeer with a different sense and it will not give you the result you want to, but at least shows it would be possible.
afair there is a lite version.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts