What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet not on all devices.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes my iPhone and iPad do not have a internet connection from my router but, my phone which works off the internet works fine. When I unplug my router and plug the router back in the internet works find on both devices. Why does this happen? Happens much less hen I do not have my computer on.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi & welcome to the world of wireless confusion - :) My modem/router goes out about twice a week (I'm on TW Road Runner) - have a new Apple Airport Extreme router so usually not the problem, but I have to 'power recycle' the modem (i.e. just pull the plug, wait 30 seconds or so, & plug back in) - you could check w/ your ISP, get a new modem and/or router, but just the way these things seem to work - sorry - Dave

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi & welcome to the world of wireless confusion - :) My modem/router goes out about twice a week (I'm on TW Road Runner) - have a new Apple Airport Extreme router so usually not the problem, but I have to 'power recycle' the modem (i.e. just pull the plug, wait 30 seconds or so, & plug back in) - you could check w/ your ISP, get a new modem and/or router, but just the way these things seem to work - sorry - Dave

Simpler yet. When I leave home I I plus router. When I arrive back I plug back in.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, LOL! :D

A daily 'power recycle' should work just fine! Dave :)

Plus there is not any need to have the router on when I am it home so this gives time for it to sleep.

Most reactions

Latest posts