1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Avoid connection timeout, when I leave home

Discussion in 'iPAD Connect' started by Perduicitte, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Perduicitte

Perduicitte iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there,

I could not find this specific situation previously posted, so there it is:
    My iMac and iPad 2 are connected to my AirPort, which is connected to the router.

While I am home, all internet connections work fine.
    I leave for work, no anomalies noted with wifi connections, the ipad's wifi works great away from home.
    I come back home, the AirPort device is not recognized anymore by neither iMac or ipad; and will refuse to log with the password, citing a "Connection timeout".
    I go unplug the AirPort, replug and then it works again. This is not my favourite solution.
    It has happened since i bring the ipad away from home; and doesn't when the ipad stays at home.

Is there a setup, or manner that I can avoid this connection timeout, when bringing the ipad with me when I leave?
    Thanks a million for helping!

Philippe