1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Internet. Ipad via iPhone5?

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Opus, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Opus

Opus iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently bought an iP5 and was told at the Orange shop that it would be possible to access the internet with the iPad via the iPhone, thereby having a saving from having two accounts. This is supposed to be by Bluetooth. Have managed the Bluetooth connection between the two. However, when I go to the two devices now each shows the other present but not connected. Personal Hotspot on the iP5 is 'ON'. Endeavouring to make the connection is unsuccessful with the message that the other device must be turned on and within range. Considering they are some six inches apart that should not be a problem!
    Would appreciate any helpful advice for sorting this out please.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. Opus

Opus iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's OK. The issue is sorted.
  3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,037 / 1
    Did you manage to make the connection via WiFi as well as Bluetooth? I've successfully tried it both ways.
  4. Opus

Opus iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's interesting, scifan57. Thanks for your input. I have established the Bluetooth connection with the iPad, with the iP5 being 'on service', but haven't tried iP5 to Wi-Fi with the iPad slaved. Will try that.