What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 sans 3G - can it use 3G data services of an iPhone 3G via bluetooth?

Samdottore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been told that an iPad 2 without 3G can be configured to utilise the 3G data service of an iPhone 3G, when paired together with their bluetooths (blueteeth?).

I've tried this, successfully pairing my two devices via bluetooth, but still Safari on the iPad says it's not connected to the Internet (WiFi disabled), even though 3G has been enabled on the iPhone, and it can connect to the Internet itself via 3G.

Am I missing something? Or is this ruse not viable? I could not find anything in the iPad's Safari settings that seemed to be relevant.
Has anyone any ideas?

BTW - a happy and safe New Year to everyone!

Sam

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you need to do is called "tethering" , I don't know how to do it, but search for that.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can tether via Bluetooth or wifi (wifi is faster) in the network settings on your phone.

I would suggest using wifi

Most reactions