1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 sans 3G - can it use 3G data services of an iPhone 3G via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Samdottore, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Samdottore

Samdottore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been told that an iPad 2 without 3G can be configured to utilise the 3G data service of an iPhone 3G, when paired together with their bluetooths (blueteeth?).

I've tried this, successfully pairing my two devices via bluetooth, but still Safari on the iPad says it's not connected to the Internet (WiFi disabled), even though 3G has been enabled on the iPhone, and it can connect to the Internet itself via 3G.

Am I missing something? Or is this ruse not viable? I could not find anything in the iPad's Safari settings that seemed to be relevant.
    Has anyone any ideas?

BTW - a happy and safe New Year to everyone!

Sam
  2. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    What you need to do is called "tethering" , I don't know how to do it, but search for that.
  3. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    You can tether via Bluetooth or wifi (wifi is faster) in the network settings on your phone.

I would suggest using wifi