What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insert images in mail

Jdiakiw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. How do i insert an image from my photo file into an email?
2. How do i insert or add a pages document into an email not email the document. Or if i want to send seeral files or images in one email
Jerry

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To add photographs to an email, select the photographs from your album (up to 5), then touch "SHARE" at the top left corner. Select email from the drop down list and you are good to go.

If you select more than 5 photographs, the option to email will be greyed out.

To email a section of a pages document, select the part you want, copy it, open "mail" and paste.

Note that I'm using an iPad2 and iOs5.0.1. I don't know whether the iPad has different behaviour. I believe earlier operating systems did not allow emailing more than one photograph.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

Jdiakiw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gather, I cannot start writing an email and then decide to ibsert a photo or file from pages?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. There is no provision for attachments. You can type around the images, but you have to start building the email with the images already in place.

One thing I forgot is that only multiple images can be attached. There is no way to attach multiple files of any other type.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The App Goodreader will allow you to attach any type of file to an email. But, I havent found a way to Reply to an email and include an attachment or just compose an email and include an attachment. The ipad is a little backward in this respect. But the pro's outweigh the con's so I enjoy living with my ipad and its quirks.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quizzer2093 said:
With the ipad2, ios5.0.1

If someone emails you wih an attachment and you want to forward e mail with the attachment. Just hit forward and iOS will ask if you want to include attachments

That is 100% accurate. There is, however, no way of adding a new attachment and then forwarding. You can only forward attachments contained within the original email.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a workaround for multiple files. If you put your files in Dropbox you can generate a link to each file, then you just copy/paste those links into the email. The added bonus here is that if the recipient is mobile and on 3G they can get the email but don't have to download the files until they are back on wifi.....especially good when mailing large files.

The Archangel

kevlong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just added an image to an email which I was forwarding. I was just using my normal image emailing procedure.

Open the image in Photos. Select "Copy" from the drop down menu. Go back to your email. Place the cursor where you wish to place the image. Hold the cursor and a "Paste" option will appear. Select "Paste". Add more images, one at a time, same way. Send email.

OP
J

Jdiakiw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will tbat last suggestion work within a forum. Eg can I past a image into this email within tbe ipad forum?

OP
J

Jdiakiw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Experiment. No it will not work . When I copied a photo. When I tried to paste was only given the option to select

OP
J

Jdiakiw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Experiment to see if I can paste a piec of text . Yea it works but not an image . Unless someone has an idea. I paste this from a pages doc

are dropouts and most of them are unemployed and if research is to be believed will likely be unemployed for the rest of their lives. Yet every Ontario household pays $2229 per year to support the poor and unemployed certain demographics suffer from this kind of marginalization at higher levekpks than many other , for example drop out rates among black Latino and p

Most reactions

Latest posts