What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indent in Text Cell in Numbers

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How does one indent text in a cell using Numbers on an iPad 3?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Enter spaces in front of the text? There's no tab/indent formating, if that is what you are looking for.

Other than that you have the usual left, center, right justification and top, middle bottom. You can find that under the paint brush icon, the Cells tab.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet created using Numbers/Excel? That has the fields indented and I see no way to adjust them on the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To get rid of the indent, try editing the cell, placing the cursor in front of the text, and tapping delete.

Most text fields on the iPad will accept tab indent characters; but there is no way of adding them from the iPad's touch keyboard (that I know of). For instance, I can not tab in the Notes app on the iPad, but if I create a note with tabs in the Mac version and let it sync, the tabs are preserved. I can even select/copy/paste them.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately it did not work. I guess I gotta clean it up on the Mac.

Regards

Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts