What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing and some other questions

Jeronimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys! (and girls ofcourse ;) )

I got some question that I would like to have an answer on and I hope you guys can help me!

The first thing is, I go to NY in May. Because of the euro/dollar range it is really cheap for me to buy an iPad. I also want to buy a new iPod etc.

1) Because of the new rumors of an iPad 2. Is it wise to buy an iPad or to wait until the iPad 2 comes out? And will it maybe come out before I go to NY?..

2) How is it about the voltage. Because we (in the Netherlands) have 220v that comes out of the voltage outlet.

3) I heard about government taxes and state-taxes or city-taxes, how about that?

I hope you guys can help me!

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys! (and girls ofcourse ;) )

I got some question that I would like to have an answer on and I hope you guys can help me!

The first thing is, I go to NY in May. Because of the euro/dollar range it is really cheap for me to buy an iPad. I also want to buy a new iPod etc.

1) Because of the new rumors of an iPad 2. Is it wise to buy an iPad or to wait until the iPad 2 comes out? And will it maybe come out before I go to NY?..

2) How is it about the voltage. Because we (in the Netherlands) have 220v that comes out of the voltage outlet.

3) I heard about government taxes and state-taxes or city-taxes, how about that?

I hope you guys can help me!

Thanks!

I can answer your second question - the iPad charger is 'universal'; it will operated on anything from 110-250 volts. The only problem you'll find is that it will come with a (removable) US plug adaptor. When you're back home you can buy an Apple 'Travel Kit' for about 30 Euros that contains all the necessary adaptors - in the UK it even has a UK adaptor, so I'm guessing that in your country it will have the European adaptor (but check!!). Maybe you can even get this in the US too?

I'm not sure about the tax situation - when I've been to the US I've been able to claim back the taxes at the airport (keep those receipts!) - but then have had to pay UK Import Duty and VAT when I enter the UK.

Tim
Scotland

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As in the US taxes vary from state to state, all prices are listed without tax.
When you pay, the tax is put on top of the price.
In my experience, that was something in the range around 7,5%.

The power-adapter is able to handle 220v.
You'll get a mechanical adapter to the Euro-socket for around 10 Dollars at any Radio Shack.

Most reactions

Latest posts