What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Images from the 'Net - Help!

donnington

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ISP is AOL.

I have been browsing my photo files (iPad 1) and discovered a folder entitled "Pictures downloaded from AOL" which contains more than 700 images, which I can only assume were automatically 'collected' as I browsed.

Two questions to this Forum please.

How do I erase them from the iPad, and (2) I presume I can alter something in "Settings" to prevent this occurring in the future.

Will some kind soul put me right on this, please? Many thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check your My Pictures folder on you computer and see if there is a folder with the same name.

With your iPad connected to the computer, select it under the Devices list, then select Photos from the top. There you will find the photo sync settings. If you do not want any photos synced, turn it off. The next time you sync they will be removed. If you have albums you want synced then choose the selected albums button and check only the folders you want.

Any changes you make here, or to the folders themselves will be changed on the iPad the next time you sync. Because of this many members create a seperate folder and subfolders, copy the desired pictures to them, and then change the sync settings in iTunes to point to the new folder.

OP
D

donnington

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful reply.

I have successfully 'done the business' as recommended, so I'm a happy bunny.

Best wishes
Peter

Most reactions

Latest posts