What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got this app and i think its awesome but i dont know how to get a profile picture
thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's a convoluted process uploading a profile or avatar picture to the forum using the iPad. I'll go over it, if it's your only option.

However; I recommend using the website from a computer.
iPad Forum

After you log on choose the User CP tab at the top of the forum. In the left column you'll see an Edit Avatar option. That will allow you to change your avatar to some other default, or upload your own picture. Pay attention to the file size limitations.

The profile picture, which you can also upload, is different. It only shows up on your profile page.

You can choose one of the other default avatars from the iPF app. While reading any thread, scroll all the way to the top and tap on the thread title, no not that one, the third line down, the one in bold and black.

This take you to the forum page using the built in browser. (Tap cancel if a notice tells you about there being and app for the forum, you may see this more than once.)

Tap the User CP tab, In the left column tap on Edit Avatar. From there you can choose any of the Pre-defined Generic Avatars. You won't be able to upload an avatar because the Choose File button will be grayed out. That's because there is no file system on the iPad for you to browse and choose a file.

You may notice the URL option, and that should work if you have a file online that you can supply a complete URL too. The URL must end in the file name with extension. This is the the convoluted method alluded to before.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got this app and i think its awesome but i dont know how to get a profile picture
thanks

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

You can't change your profile picture using the iPF app - you have to browse the iPF website at ipadforums.net and there you'll see a 'button' entitled 'User CP' (User Control Panel). If you press that a panel will open up on the left hand side of the screen that will enable you to adjust all sorts of stuff - including your profile picture.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts