What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there!

jiggykitten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm completely new to Apple having been a PC person. My awesome son just got me an Ipad2, and I love it so far! However, at the same time I am getting frustrated because I don't know how to use it yet! For instance, how do you close an app that is running? How do you go back a page while on the internet? How can I change my profile pic on Facebook? I guess it wil just take some time.....

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
Hi jiggykitten, and welcome to the forums. You'll find people very friendly and helpful on here...I certainly have!! To answer your first question...

1) Double tap the Home button
2) The display should lift up, revealing the icons for the apps that are currently running
3) To shut one down, tap and hold any icon in the bottom task bar
4) This should start them all 'jiggling' and a minus sign icon to be displayed in each one
5) Just tap the minus sign of the apps you wish to close down
6) Click the home button, or tap anywhere on the screen to stop the jiggling and return to normal

Hope that helps some :)

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jiggykitten said:
I'm completely new to Apple having been a PC person. My awesome son just got me an Ipad2, and I love it so far! However, at the same time I am getting frustrated because I don't know how to use it yet! For instance, how do you close an app that is running? How do you go back a page while on the internet? How can I change my profile pic on Facebook? I guess it wil just take some time.....

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

JezzerP has answered your first question and it is a good idea to close your apps regularly just to keep them running smoothly. I'm assuming you are running IOS5 or 5.0.1. Have a look here to see Settings - General - About then look for version. When on the Internet in Safari you will see 2 arrows at the top left, if you press the left arrow it will take you back to the page you were on previously. To change your profile pic in the Facebook app, in landscape press the tab which is three white lines at the top left and your page will move to the right to reveal all the Headings on the left, select photos. Is the photo already uploaded to FB? If not, press the + sign top right and you can load a photo by taking a pic or select one from your camera roll. Once uploaded select the photo and on the top right you will see a box with an arrow emerging press this and a menu will drop down, select Make Profile Picture.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions