What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
F7A3DA67-18DC-4A4F-B957-5CBCA5DDD0B5.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You've seen the iconic photos of bears catching salmon at Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park, Alaska. Here's how a wolf does it.

]

I always relate to the bear scene every Sunday night - while sequestered in the house, we have delivery meals about three times a week, and on Sundays we order from our local Japanese restaurant - I typically get sashimi (2 pieces each of raw salmon, smoked salmon, tuna, & hamachi), plus 2 rolls - for those unfamiliar w/ raw salmon, see the pic below - at the moment of putting the salmon in my mouth, I feel the bear and I are 'mates' - wife thinks I'm NUTS but cute - :D Dave
1-Salmon-Sashimi-with-Ponzu-3-1-of-1.jpg

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Um, Dave...if you watch the cam, you might notice that most bears are "high-grading"--eating only the skin and brains, the fattest parts of the fish, and not the meat. They only have a couple of months to add several hundred pounds of fat to get them through their next hibernation, and if they ate the whole fish they wouldn't meet the goal. Nothing goes to waste, of course; the rest of the carcass is eaten by gulls...or shipped to sushi bars. ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Um, Dave...if you watch the cam, you might notice that most bears are "high-grading"--eating only the skin and brains, the fattest parts of the fish, and not the meat. They only have a couple of months to add several hundred pounds of fat to get them through their next hibernation, and if they ate the whole fish they wouldn't meet the goal. Nothing goes to waste, of course; the rest of the carcass is eaten by gulls...or shipped to sushi bars. ;)

LOL - :D Guess that I never looked that closely at the videos - shame to leave out one of the best parts! I'll be thinking about that video when I munch down my salmon sashimi tomorrow night! :) Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts