What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bob - years ago on a FL visit we did a day trip to Cypress Gardens and did most of the activities shown on the map below including the skiing shows - enjoyed; but as I recall, there were a LOT of flamingoes on the property - for those wondering, a few shown below (all images from the web). Dave :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There used to be a lot of captive flamingos at the Hialeah race track as well.

There never have been a lot of wild flamingos in Florida. They do wander in from the Bahamas from time to time, but since the area got crowded, not as much as they used to.

There are still small enclaves of escapees from Hialeah and Cypress Gardens in the Everglades, but not that many. Their shrimp-like food doesn't grow in great abundance here.

6835_178420846843_6779265_n-980x400.jpg

(not my picture)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's still a nice sunset photo. I like the shots if the frozen lake. The ice is quite a bit rougher than last time.
Some of the patterns look like the water froze all of a sudden, while forming waves. I couldn't get a good picture of that part of the ice, maybe I can take a better photo this afternoon.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to admit, the cold/ice pictures are beautiful.

I did spend some time 'up north' in the USA, and even visited Point Barrow, Alaska in the spring (northernmost point on the North America continent). I spent a winter in Ishpeming, Michigan USA too,

Snow and ice landscapes and seascapes are beautiful, nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. On the other hand, I'm glad there are people who do want to live there.

Keep them coming!!!

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More pictures from last week. These also at the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

We didn't see any mammals, we did see a few gators, but we saw plenty of birds.

Coots. Hundreds of coots. I love coots. They are noisy, energetic, and amazing birds. They are rails, they don't don't have webbed feet but they swim and dive like a duck that can.

When they start flying, the run across the top of the water with wings flapping and feet splashing until they get enough speed to be airborne.

Always entertaining.

BTW, I predict an early spring 'up north'. The robins came through here last week. They usually don't invade the area until early February. So I figure they know when to return.

OK Coots:

! Coots 1.jpg

! Coots 2.jpg

! Coots 3.jpg

American Coot — Birds of North America Online

Most reactions

Latest posts