What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a little bit of sunset colour, and a sheet of ice changes it's appearance
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These were taken with my iPhone.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the first one best, if has more colour in the clouds and the plants in the foreground add depth to the scene.
It's also my favorite. All of them were taken after sunset. While the sun had just set when I took the first one, it was long gone when I took the second and third picture.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd have loved to see the poppies when I was there last year, but they had been already removed.
By November 11th, the entire moat was covered with the poppies. Each poppy represented a British soldier that died in action in World War I.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Winter Storm Jonas - Weather Disaster for the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, & Northeast USA!

We shortened a trip to the Durham area (Susan's birthday treat) and returned home on late Thursday afternoon; most of our bad weather came that night and into Friday - I believe our area was lucky - I believe we got about 2-3" of snow/sleet/ice, but the trees & power lines did not ice up, SO we have had power.

Below a couple of pics from my front door this morning showing our cul-de-sac and my car w/ a tarp - I was suspecting at least 6" on top of that car - on Sunday the temps are suppose to reach the 40sF and some melting will occur but I don't think we will get out of the house before Monday. Also, notice the trees - no ICE which is our MAIN concern in the winter in Piedmont NC, a lucky occurrence.

Others were HIT harder - much of the power outage in North Carolina occurred east of us w/ more ice. My sister-in-law recently move to Gettysburg, PA (yes, the battlefield place I talked about in one of my travelogues last year) - they have a foot & a half of snow presently and still coming down; my brother-in-law in Montauk, Long Island (another travelogue) has about a foot which could double. Not sure that I remember a storm of this geographic extent combined w/ the amounts of snow & ice and also the coastal flooding which is also occurring. Dave :)
Snow1_Jan23_16.JPG
Snow2_Jan23_16.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Winter Storm Jonas - Weather Disaster for the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, & Northeast USA!

We shortened a trip to the Durham area (Susan's birthday treat) and returned home on late Thursday afternoon; most of our bad weather came that night and into Friday - I believe our area was lucky - I believe we got about 2-3" of snow/sleet/ice, but the trees & power lines did not ice up, SO we have had power.

Below a couple of pics from my front door this morning showing our cul-de-sac and my car w/ a tarp - I was suspecting at least 6" on top of that car - on Sunday the temps are suppose to reach the 40sF and some melting will occur but I don't think we will get out of the house before Monday. Also, notice the trees - no ICE which is our MAIN concern in the winter in Piedmont NC, a lucky occurrence.

Others were HIT harder - much of the power outage in North Carolina occurred east of us w/ more ice. My sister-in-law recently move to Gettysburg, PA (yes, the battlefield place I talked about in one of my travelogues last year) - they have a foot & a half of snow presently and still coming down; my brother-in-law in Montauk, Long Island (another travelogue) has about a foot which could double. Not sure that I remember a storm of this geographic extent combined w/ the amounts of snow & ice and also the coastal flooding which is also occurring. Dave :)
View attachment 70069 View attachment 70070
Susan has certainly had a memorable birthday. I'm glad the surprises weren't even more memorable.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep, we 'dodged a bullet' here - but we'll be returning to the Washington Duke Inn for our cancelled dinner and do that more extensive lemur tour. I've been watching the 'Weather Channel' for two days and am amazed at the amounts of snow falling north of us. Thanks for your concern. Dave :)

P.S. I'm building a walnut spice rack for a friend and now at the sanding stage - so, I at least have power for my various sanders - of course a small unit, so hand sanding would be fine also - ;)

P.S.S. We did get our papers today but no mail - surprised! Maybe later - both not delivered yesterday.

Most reactions

Latest posts