What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Beautiful instruments. I play the flute but not enough to feel accomplished at it.....
Scifan, if you read this, please send me a PM or post whether that's OK or not....

Hey Bob - hope that Scifan... gives you a positive response - will be of interest only if you are playing a Baroque wood flute - ;) Dave (P.S. I have a fondness for old wooden instruments and even started a thread in the Good-Music-Guide Forum which has gone for many pages). Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Barrel racing at the rodeo tonight.
image.jpeg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Johanna - not sure that I knew you played the flute? But, I'm a BIG fan of 'wind music' especially from the classical era, and have many CDs of flute music played on both modern and early flutes, especially from the Baroque period like the ones shown below - just curious if you've ever explored these older wooden reproductions - the sound is different. Dave :)
slider-10.jpg
I was allowed to play different kinds of flute, but all of them modern - piccolo and alto flute, and the one on my picture.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beautiful instruments. I play the flute but not enough to feel accomplished at it. Sax is my main instrument and I pull out the flute only for a couple of songs. I also play wind synthesizer, keyboard synthesizer, drums, guitar, and bass. Plus I sing and make the backing tracks for my duo. I have a YouTube promotional slide show type video and a website if you are interested, but I don't know if it's OK to post that here. I don't want to be mistaken for a spammer. (I'm sure you aren't going to hire my duo to come to Austria to play)

Scifan, if you read this, please send me a PM or post whether that's OK or not.

Bob
How about sending me a pm with the link to your video? I'm curious. :)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Johanna, Scifan said as long as it's on-topic, and not promoting my YouTube channel, I could post the link, but since this is a photo thread, I think a PM is a better idea. (I don't have a YouTube channel, most of my promo comes through my two websites).

Dave, sorry, no baroque flutes.

There are dozens of short clips of songs. I played all but one instrument on each song - I prerecord the background tracks in my home studio - then Leilani plays one additional instrument live, I play another live and either or both of us sing. The clips were recorded using a pre-iPod Archos Juke Box on live performances (except for the spoken overdubs) and it is definitely a promo video. But there are no links on the video, I just use YouTube to host the video and put it on my website.

PM coming.

To keep on topic, here is a place where we play one afternoon a week (we're in our eighth year).

The building is historic and it is the actual birthplace of the US Navy SEALS. During the winter "Season" it overflows so people bring lawn chairs and sit on the 'beach'.

Lil Jim from the water.jpg

Bob
zMary Jane Clark04.jpg

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Seagulls and terns anyone? Don't know what kind of seagulls (I'm not very good at that) but I think the terns are Caspian Terns.
View attachment 69160

I have hundreds of pictures of seagulls (about the easiest bird to capture on camera). I've never even thought about them being different, let alone figuring out which is which. In hind sight, it's obvious, but I guess we just take the everyday for granted.

This one's form Kodiak Ak, about 10 years ago.

Gulls Landing 2.jpg

Most reactions