What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's quite a guitar collection - it looks like a music store. Does he play?

The otter sculpture is beautiful.

So are the wildlife and sunsets.

And the fossils.

Thanks y'all for posting.

Bob

Hi Bob - my BIL, Danny (a psychiatrist by training) is a talented actor, singer, and guitarist (also great at accents which helps w/ his acting, of course) - at our wedding in 1970 when he was probably about 18 y/o, he did 'Mammy' sounding like Al Jolson - :)

But yes, he does play guitar well but is still learning - at the moment, concentrating on jazz improvisation (a bitch!) - he also does a LOT of amateur theater in the Hampton's area of Long Island (lives in Montauk - we were just there attending his & my wife's mother's gravesite service - she was 94 y/o!). We saw him a few years ago in Southampton as Henry Drummond, i.e. Clarence Darrow in 'Inherit the Wind' - now rehearsing for the Fantasticks, so some singing). Dave :)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Multi-talented. That's great. My DW is a great singer, decent guitarist, fine artist, writer and modern dancer. So many people have so many diversified talents, whether it's in the arts, science or whatever, it's great when they use them.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My highlight from today's walk
image.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since today, I'm owner of this beauty
View attachment 67838
View attachment 67839

Hi Johanna - nice looking Apple Watch - we saw our son last month in Long Island and he had the watch, given to him by his company (he's an IT guy in a large firm in Indianapolis and pretty much has to 'test' these products out since the execs always want the 'newest' gadgets) - enjoy and let us know how you've been using the device. Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A nice watch and a great choice of watch band too Johanna! Great colour, I'm sure you will enjoy it.:)
Andrew
Thanks, Andrew, I really like the band, although it wouldn't be my favorite colour, usually. :)

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Johanna - nice looking Apple Watch - we saw our son last month in Long Island and he had the watch, given to him by his company (he's an IT guy in a large firm in Indianapolis and pretty much has to 'test' these products out since the execs always want the 'newest' gadgets) - enjoy and let us know how you've been using the device. Dave :)
Thank you, Dave!
This is the first complete day I wear it, and I still have to explore some of it's features.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bob - my BIL, Danny (a psychiatrist by training) is a talented actor, singer, and guitarist (also great at accents which helps w/ his acting, of course) - at our wedding in 1970 when he was probably about 18 y/o, he did 'Mammy' sounding like Al Jolson - :)

But yes, he does play guitar well but is still learning - at the moment, concentrating on jazz improvisation (a bitch!) - he also does a LOT of amateur theater in the Hampton's area of Long Island (lives in Montauk - we were just there attending his & my wife's mother's gravesite service - she was 94 y/o!). We saw him a few years ago in Southampton as Henry Drummond, i.e. Clarence Darrow in 'Inherit the Wind' - now rehearsing for the Fantasticks, so some singing). Dave :)

Well, just a follow-up to the above about my BIL, Dan - he's playing El Gallo (white arrow pic below) in the musical The Fantasticks which will open in Southampton, Long Island tomorrow - Susan & I saw the off-Broadway performance in the late 1960s - Try to Remember is my favorite song from that show, which Dan will be singing - below is a YouTube video w/ Jerry Orbach, who was the original El Gallo when the musical premiered in 1960 - lyricist was Tom Jones. Dave :)

Fantasticks_Dan.png

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Leaves on a neighbourhood oak tree.
View attachment 67878

Boy, the leaves are already changing in southern Canada - we have another month or so, although a few weeks earlier on the Blue Ridge Parkway - might plan a trip to Blowing Rock in late October to see the changes - below, another view around the base of Grandfather Mountain below the viaduct in mid-October (from the web). Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 5.27.47 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts