What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the long freight trains you posted some time ago?
It was a long freight train but this photo was taken less than 2 hours ago. This crossing is on the Canadian Pacific mainline and we see a lot of trains every day.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a long freight train but this photo was taken less than 2 hours ago. This crossing is on the Canadian Pacific mainline and we see a lot of trains every day.
Sorry, wrong expressions. I knew that you took the picture today. You posted a freight train some time ago, and I remember that it was a very long one, because the picture looked as if the train would never end.

What I wanted to know - and you already answered, thank you! - was if it was a long train, like the one you posted earlier.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The longest trains have additional engines in the middle and at the rear as well as multiple engines at the front. I've seen long trains with as many as 7 engines, all controlled remotely from the lead engine. The longest trains can be several kilometres long.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Faceoff action at the Pats hockey game.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the same tree as last week, from a different angle.
image.jpg

We changed to Central European Time last weekend, sunsets are earlier now, and today I was too late. This picture was taken after sunset.
A different tree, a bit later:
image.jpg

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are beautiful silhouette shots Johanna! And it looks like you are well into Autumn/Fall where your trees have shed their leaves. When would you expect your first snow falls?
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are beautiful silhouette shots Johanna! And it looks like you are well into Autumn/Fall where your trees have shed their leaves. When would you expect your first snow falls?
Andrew
Thank you, Andrew! :)
There are still trees with leaves, like one of those in front of my house. Most of the trees outside my village are leafless.
Snow could fall in November, which sometimes happens, but doesn't last very long. Most of the time, we have a "green" Christmas, and it starts snowing in January.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although the second one has a more interesting sky, I like the first one more, because of the rails. Same ones as last time?
Yes, I was standing in the same spot as when I took the other sunset picture.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Small Treasures, a traveling art exhibit at the North Caorlina Museum of Art in Raleigh (the state capital) - recommended for those nearby. About 66 paintings on various surfaces (canvas, wood, copper, etc.) - all small images (like photographic size - and indeed these were the 'photographs' of the day!) - Dutch & Flemish artists from the 1600s, the most famous ones being Hals, Rembrandt, Steen, & Vermeer, but many others.

Just 4 images below w/ brief description - matching is easy - Dave :)

Singing Girl, ca. 1635-30 by Frans Hals; just over 7” square.
Self-Portrait w/ Lute, ca. 1650s by Jan Steen; 9 1/4” x 7 1/2.
Bearded Old Man, ca. 1630 by Rembrandt; 7 1/4” x 6 11/16".
Girl w/ the Red Hat, ca. 1665-66 by Vermeer; 9 1/2" x 7 1/8".
Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 11.35.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 11.37.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 11.39.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 11.39.29 AM.png

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, just beautiful, tp. I can see why a leaf like that can become a national emblem. A great season for good photography over your way:)
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts