1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I'm sorry but i don't understand syncing - my new ipad 2 to my mac

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by tonypinkham, Dec 31, 2011.

1. tonypinkham

tonypinkham iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New ipad 2 and have set up. Downloaded lots of apps today have come to plug into my mac tonight to put onto my ipad some music from my itunes. It automatically sets about syncing all my apps (which i presume will get rid of some and add ones from my iphone that i don't want on ipad?). I tried to stop this process and its telling me if i change settings I will lose all my apps and info (53 of them).

I'm prob missing something fundamental but how do i back up my apps to my mac without losing them from the ipad - i need to plug into the mac to put music on form my collection? Please help.
  2. jimgreen83

jimgreen83 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I always do "Transfer purchases" before I sync my iPad or iPhone, it is under File in the bar at the top, this gets all the stuff you have bought into iTunes.
  3. dlo

dlo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They will not be lost. If worse comes to worse your Apple account will have all the apps you have downloaded and purchased. When I say your Apple account I mean your Apple ID.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF