What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can connect an external hard drive to the iPad via iFile?

I have about 80Gb of data I'd like to access now that I sold my laptop (I have a desktop I can use worse case..)

Or is this much like the PS3 where an external needs to be formatted to FAT32?

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the camera connection kit to connect flash drives. I haven't had any issues using these but I haven't been successful with my external hard drive. Ifile sees it as a flash drive but I cannot see any of the files.

nickbt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to say yes, but I just saw iFile on iTune, so it might just work without Jailbreak.

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not tried it with a hard drive but with a flash drive yes It dose work the flash drive has to be formatted to fat 32 for the iPad to read it with the camera kit if it dose not read it the first time try agin or have it connected to the iPad and turn of the iPad then turn it back on while the USB is still attached if you get an error saying that this device is not supported then you did it right and it will be visible on the Ifile

Most reactions

Latest posts