What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not able to post on some forums\message boards

Icepad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have encountered some forums and websites that I am not able to post or type a message on their message box with the Ipad. Upon using the Skyfire browser I am not able to place text in this message box. But able to place text in the message box while viewing ipadforums.net in the safari browser. With some websites I cannot type anything on either Safari nor Skyfire browser. Any info would help.

thanks

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In many cases forums will offer alternate editors in their options. The iPad does not always work with the more advanced WYSWYG editors, but these are usualy the default. Select another and give it a try.

In this forum, changing to the Standard editor will make it possible to use most third party browsers, including the built in browser in Reeder, which is what I am using now.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always try the iPadForums free iPad App from the App store!
twerppoet's suggestion is absolutely the right way to go on Mobile Safari. Always check you user settings on each forum and change the settings to as low a set of requirements for the browser as possible...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use a combination of the iPad Forums app and Reeder. Reeder and the forum's RSS feed are good for quickly scanning through all posts I have not read yet, and it is easier to reply right there if I have something to say.

I use the iPF app when checking out threads I am already subscribed to, or other ongoing convesations I'm not subscribed to.

But honestly, most of the time I'm on my iMac. Today is an exception, so far. I just don' feel like using the computer.

SAmfeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can i put an iPad application on Server using Ad Hoc Distribution

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How can i put an iPad application on Server using Ad Hoc Distribution

I think you need an enterprise developer's account with Apple to buy and setup your own distribution server.

iOS Developer Enterprise Program - Apple Developer

Or if you are looking for an unofficial way to do this you'll probably need to talk to the jailbreaking community. you might want to post this question in the Hacking for Developer forum (depending on your approach), instead of burying it in this thread.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts