What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I sync my iPad to a computer will the owner gain access to all my files?

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I synced my iPad to my friends' pc and i don't know if he/she can still view my files without my consent? He/she needed a file from me and I couldn't send it through mail cause the file is too big. I hope not, cause I lost all my music already.
Thats the first and the last time I would do that. I'm so upset.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you have a password on it? I read somewhere you can recover music/photos and videos etc from a program called something like a back up extractor. If they hold the back up file of all your data then it's possible to recover the data from that file. But I think what your saying is you synced it to another computer and everything was lost right? In which case it's probably gone forever, unless you have purchased the music from iTunes?
Have you previously backed it up elsewhere? Perhaps you can sync it again with that back up if possible.

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, first of all thanks for replying to my thread.

Well yes my friend is using a windows pc and you might be right its gone forever. I have iCloud storage but my Macbook is not here with me and I don't know how to access my files in iCloud using just my iPad. I bought the songs from iTunes there were around 6 albums so I'm upset cause it wasn't cheap. If I could access iCloud through iPad maybe I can recover everything? How do I recover them? Please go one by one I'm quite new to this. Thanks!

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that youve mentioned it, i did put my password during syncing! But he/she said he/she deleted the music because he didnt like them anyway. Does this mean his iTunes ave access to my file?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any songs you purchased in iTunes can be downloaded again directly to the iPad.

Go to the iTunes Store on the iPad and select the Purchased tab. songs that are not on your iPad will have a cloud symbol next to them. Tap it to download, or tap the cloud at the top of the list of songs to download everything showing in the list.

Tap Not on This iPad to hide songs already downloaded. Use the link to the right of this to change the sort criteria.

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Any songs you purchased in iTunes can be downloaded again directly to the iPad.

Go to the iTunes Store on the iPad and select the Purchased tab. songs that are not on your iPad will have a cloud symbol next to them. Tap it to download, or tap the cloud at the top of the list of songs to download everything showing in the list.

Tap Not on This iPad to hide songs already downloaded. Use the link to the right of this to change the sort criteria.

Hey! Thanks! It worked! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts