What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify and clear APP data?

banders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have an IPad and I have attempted to reclaim as much space as possible as I am running out of space.
However, in ITunes I can tell that the overwhelming majority of space is dedicated to APP data, but I really do not know why they take so much space.

I really do not want to delete the APPs, but merely reset them to original installation data as I suspect that most data consists of temporary files, caches etc.

Is there a way to identify how much space individual APPs takes, and if so, reclaiming the space to clean original installation date?

Naturally I do not want to uninstall and reinstall every single app, especially since I do not now how much space individual APP takes, so is there a way? Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can see how much storage the documents and data for each app are using by going to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage and tap on each app icon in turn. While this will show you the data each app is using, the only way to delete this data is to delete the app and re-install it. There's no way with a stock iPad to delete the app data without deleting the app. If your iPad is jailbroken, there are tweaks that will do as you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts