What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud won't back up!

mattbridle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 and iPad and I have ungraded both to the latest IOS5 and installed iCloud however I can't get either of them to back up, it just keeps saying ' there is a problem' and 'try later' which doesn't really help me. I have everything switched on and set the same on both derives yet nothing happens. It is extremely frustrating, any help would be good!!!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum! I moved your thread to our iCloud section and added to the thread title. Hopefully, someone will chime in to help you.

:)

OP
M

mattbridle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you moving my thread into the iCloud section but where is it as I can't find it anywhere???

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same problem <( and I haven't found the iCloud section either) I Also get the same message, and also "verification has timed out."

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone? Please? If you search for iCloud threads, there's nothing comes up as an iCloud forum, but most of the threads concerning icloud don't seem to get any response. Surely someone can give some help here.

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. The iCloud backup problem page 2 seems to be the nearest help, but that's a month old now, and I'm still having the problem. I've replied to the thread, so will see what happens. But it still doesn't tel me where th iCloud section on this forum is. I'm blowed if I can find it!

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm having the same problem. I can't back up to icloud. I have tried over and over, but it just keeps saying verification timed out, and backup failed. Try again later. I have deleted my iCloud account, and tried to set it up again, but still no joy. I need to back up to iCloud, because my MacBook is out of action with a hardware problem, so I can't back up to it. My reserve iBook only has MacOSX10.4 , so I can't back up to that, as iCloud needs at least MacOSX10.5

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next? A. reaching the end of my tether, and beginning to think iCloud is a complete waste of space!

Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions!

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some more of the obvious, sorry:
1). The iPad or iPhone Must have AC adapter connected, and or be USB on a computer and charging.
2). Try and delete the iCloud password and renter in on the iPad, confirming that it is your correct apple ID that's is associated with your iCloud, Apple and iPad.
3). Back up is still turned on under the second menu page of iCloud, sometimes during an update it reverts to off.
4) Check on iTunes after the iPad is hooked up to see if iCloud back up is enabled and when as the last time it was done, under the first set of tabs fatter the connections is recognized., also confirm just for the heck of it that wireless sync is enabled in the box bellow enable iCloud back up.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
M

mattbridle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This iCloud is a nightmare, I don't know if it just me but the whole iCloud thing is so temperamental, for some reason some photos have now come through. Next question, is how do you relocate any photos on your iPhone into 'photo stream' as they just sit in 'camera roll' and I can't work out how to move them across.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Photo stream is for new pictures. Take a new one and see. There should be (US) an update to IOS 5.1 available soon that will let you delete from photo stream. As for now do nothing to the pictures in the stream.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
M

mattbridle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've given up with the whole iCloud thing, absolutely useless, everything is turned on, I have deleted the account on both my iPhone 4 and iPad and then signed in again, I have also taken new photos and as per usual nothing comes through. What a waste of time, I think I'll stick to the old fashioned cable method!!!

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mattbridle said:
I've given up with the whole iCloud thing, absolutely useless, everything is turned on, I have deleted the account on both my iPhone 4 and iPad and then signed in again, I have also taken new photos and as per usual nothing comes through. What a waste of time, I think I'll stick to the old fashioned cable method!!!

I agree wholeheartedly - a total waste of space and broadband limits. I've wasted about 10 GB of my broadband usage allowance this month trying to get this to work, and have now used all my monthly allowance up, so I am going to have extra to pay. Thanks Apple for nothing!!

Most reactions

Latest posts