What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud question

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just wondering what happens if i connect my ipad to iTunes and I change back up to iCloud to back up to this computer. Will I lose anything or will anything dramatically change on my ipad. Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll get backups on the computer each time you sync. That's all.

Now, if you have not been syncing with iTunes on that computer already, see the following thread. The same procedure should work to get things working smoothly the first time you connect the iPad.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-fo...sktop-new-itunes-install-help-backing-up.html

Personally, I mostly let my iOS devices backup automatically with iCloud. Every now and then I do a manual sync and backup in iTunes, as an extra precaution. That way I always have a current backup in iCloud, and if I need to go back further I have an older one in iTunes. And because I backup up my computer a couple times a week, I can even dig up older backups if things really go to the dogs.

That might be a little overly cautions on my part, but it doesn't take any real effort; so I do it.

Most reactions