What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icloud Backup lock up

John Henry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem on my iPad. iPad is locked up with error message showing " This iPad hasn't been backed up for two weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked and connected to WiFi" with an Okay button. The button does not clear error, cannot turn off iPad, cannot touch screen buttons. iPad is frozen. It does show that it is connected to our WiFi system. Any suggestions on how to clear and turn iPad off and restart?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a problem on my iPad. iPad is locked up with error message showing " This iPad hasn't been backed up for two weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked and connected to WiFi" with an Okay button. The button does not clear error, cannot turn off iPad, cannot touch screen buttons. iPad is frozen. It does show that it is connected to our WiFi system. Any suggestions on how to clear and turn iPad off and restart?

Hi and welcome to iPF!

A reset should solve your problem: press & hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Most reactions

Latest posts