What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud and photos

Squibs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to Ipad2 and have a query. Does anyone know if the photos transferred from my pc can be selected for deletion from my ipod touch and my ipad2? :)Love my gadgets but have a lot to learn.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The photos that you transfer from the PC to the iPad via iTunes aren't so much transferred/copied as synced. iTunes keeps an eye on the folders you select, and if you de-select them or change/delete/add pictures to the folder(s) iTunes will do the same on the iPad the next time you sync. It's one way sync though. The computer is the master. All changes must be made there.

So the quick answer is, if you want to delete a photo from the iPad you delete/remove it from the synced folder first, then sync the iPad.

For this reason I recommend that you maintain separate picture folder(s) for syncing with the iPad and keep copies of the pictures there. That way you can do whatever you want to those folders without risk of accidentally deleting or changing the original.

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

Most reactions

Latest posts