What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IBooks Question

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really enjoy iBooks, but it seems that they don't have a lot of older books. And by "older books" I mean books that were published as early as five years ago. Is this true, or is it just my imagination?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is probably true. The iBooks Store has a smaller selection that the Amazon Kindle store, but even there books printed as little as five years ago may not have an electronic version available.

The publishing industry is pretty much where music was when it first went digital. The selection will remain limited to new stuff and really popular (sure to sell) stuff until those markets are saturated. Then they'll get around to converting the older (not bestseller) stuff to pick up what profits they can there.

A lot of really old stuff is available because it went out of copyright and volunteers have been converting it for the last 10 - 15 years.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not limited to iBooks. The Kindle app is awesome, and you can also use Kobo, and the very excellent Stanza. Oh, and BlueFire reader is great for checking out library books.

And then there are the Comic book readers...

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
USBill said:
You're not limited to iBooks. The Kindle app is awesome, and you can also use Kobo, and the very excellent Stanza. Oh, and BlueFire reader is great for checking out library books.

And then there are the Comic book readers...

I'm old comic book geek. I have the app from DC. What others would you suggest?

Most reactions

Latest posts