What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening Kindle file as an email attachent.

Easygolfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad air 16gb wifi, running ios 7.04.
When I send an email with a mobi file attached and try to open it, selecting the kindle application, kindle opens, but the book is not there.
If I do the same, but with an epub file, selecting ibooks to open it with works fine - ibooks opens & the book is stored.
Am I doing something wrong?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad air 16gb wifi, running ios 7.04. When I send an email with a mobi file attached and try to open it, selecting the kindle application, kindle opens, but the book is not there. If I do the same, but with an epub file, selecting ibooks to open it with works fine - ibooks opens & the book is stored. Am I doing something wrong?
Hi, Easygolfer! Welcome to iPF!

If the app opens, but the book isn't there, try it a second time. What you experience, sometimes happens to me when I try to save PDF files in the app. What I do is open it in the app once more, and it's there. Hopefully this will work for you as well.

OP
Easygolfer

Easygolfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant Johanna, that works. What I did before was to close Kindle before I tried again - that did not work. This time I left Kindle open, went back to the email attachment & selected open in kindle (again). Many thanks.

Peter

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check to see if the mobi file has digital rights management protection on it, if it does- it won't open on the kindle from what I understand.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant Johanna, that works. What I did before was to close Kindle before I tried again - that did not work. This time I left Kindle open, went back to the email attachment & selected open in kindle (again). Many thanks. Peter
Glad to help.

OP
Easygolfer

Easygolfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, It did not have digital rights management, so, as advised by J.A. , it worked. I have now tried it with a mobi file with DRM, and as you suspected, it will not open. Thank you for your advice. Peter.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, It did not have digital rights management, so, as advised by J.A. , it worked. I have now tried it with a mobi file with DRM, and as you suspected, it will not open. Thank you for your advice. Peter.

You're very welcome Peter! Thanks for letting us know!

Enjoy!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts