What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I want a iPad.....But Why? ...Make me want one more.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is not something everyone wants or needs. It is a brillantly designed device that fills a need no one realized existed until Steve Jobs put the pieces together. When many see any Apple device, they are amazed at its minimalistic beauty and integrated function. The iPad is such a device. For what the majority of users have a computer for, it does it easier. Yet, Apple had the sense to keep it within reasonable size and price.

OP
M

mudpuppy45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone

Thanks everyone. You have given me what I was looking for. I think the iPad will be what I need and I plan to get one today. Thanks again. :D

o2sys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think of it as an extension to you Mac or PC whether it's a desktop or laptop, don't think of it as an replacement.

Shoma5er

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its best used as a multimedia viewer, here my ranked list on what t used it for

book,
news paper (wsj, nyt, us today)
emails,
movies and videos (if u travel a lot coz the screen is too small for tow ppl)
gaming

its next to my bed most of the time.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is a waste of money unless you use it. And you can use a lot of neat things. Most powerful thing Is the web surfing with instant on/off from the couch.

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an amature photographer and I shoot about 10,000 pictures a year -- there is no better device out there for looking at those pictures, period! or for web surfing IMO.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an amature photographer and I shoot about 10,000 pictures a year -- there is no better device out there for looking at those pictures, period! or for web surfing IMO.

I am in the same boat, but I still have some issues with the iPad as a serious photo tool. I agree the iPad is fantastic for surfing through photo collections but that is about it. You have absolutely no ability to adjust the color calibration or pallet used with the iPad, so seeing a true representation of your photos is impossible. I would never consider using the iPad to cull drafts of my phots or to do any type of serious processing on them (not like it is possible anyhow with the non existent file management capabilities). Still, for browsing the thousands of photos I have stored and processed it is fantastic.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is a waste of money unless you use it.

That applies to most things. :D

I was also startled by that odd statement.

It kept bugging me ( I also agree that it applies to most things), and then I came back to the thread... what is not a waste of money if you DON'T use it?

-a credit margin
-a fire extinguisher
-a spare tire
-side-road assistance
-extended warranties
-burglary/fire insurance
-car accident insurance
-travel insurance

(apologies for the threadjack, couldn't resist)

Most reactions

Latest posts